- Posted by admin
- On June 8, 2020
- 0 Comments
Uganda savannah parks are reopened for tourism after close to three months of closure. The of good news of reopening Uganda savannah parks was shared on 5th June 2020 by the Uganda Wildlife Authority informing the general public that game parks in Uganda are now open for tourism. The conclusion to reopen game parks was after a wide consultation with various related stake holders experienced in wildlife who assured UWA that tourism the wild animals will be safe from the deadly virus. However, the primate parks in Uganda, which are Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Kibale Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Parks, are still closed for tourism. The opened national parks in Uganda include Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley, Semliki Valley and Lake Mburo National Parks. These are the top game viewing destinations in Uganda with high concentration of wild animals. Mores, Uganda Wildlife Authority put guidelines as recommended by the ministry of Health and the President of Uganda. The rules and regulations of visiting savannah parks in Uganda
1. Mandatory Temperature screening using non-contact infrared thermometers at the key tourism gates of the different protected areas.
2. Mandatory hand washing/sanitizing at all entrances of all UWA premises and protected areas
3. Mandatory face masking while in the park
4. All vehicles doing game drives in the park will carry half the normal carrying capacity as directed by the president of Uganda
5. Boats in Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth and Lake Mburo National Parks will also carry half the carrying capacity
6. Saloon cars will note be allowed to do game dives in national parks
7. Large group of people exceeding 25 people will not be allowed in the park at the same time
8. Destination events such as wedding, birthdays and photo-shoots will not be allowed in the parks
9. Travelers are reminded to carry personal sanitizers
Is it safe to visit Savannah Parks?
Yes, even when corona Virus is still spreading in Uganda UWA assures potential travelers to savannah parks of their safety.
• Uganda Wildlife Authority has gone further to train their staff on hoe to check temperatures for the incoming travelers
• Also, staff at all National parks have been given appropriate wears to ensure safety
• All staff on duty shall sanitize visitors when entering the park
How to book a Uganda safari?
Africa Adventure Safaris is at your service for tailor-made game safaris to Murchison Falls, Queen Elizabeth, Kidepo Valley, Semliki Valley and Lake Mburo National Parks. We offer you exceptional game viewing experiences giving you chance to meet and interact with numerous wildlife at affordable rates. Our 3 Days Murchison Falls National Park tour is the suitable package for you to explore and enjoy Uganda’s oldest and largest National Park
Conclusively therefore, the reopening of Uganda’s Savannah National Parks gives hope for continuous game safaris in Uganda. Potential travelers are urged not cancel trips but rather postpone and travel tomorrow to promote sustainable tourism in the Pearl of Africa