This 1 day gorilla tour to Uganda includes a visit to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park, a home to half of the world’s mountain gorillas. This gorilla trek starts in Kigali Rwanda crossing through Katuna border to Ruhija sector in the central sector of the park.
- Early morning pickup from Kigali to Ruhengeri
- Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Forest national Park
- Return to Kigali for a return flight.
The best time to begin this short trip is as early as 3:00 am. It takes roughly 2 hours to get to Katuna border for immigration clearance. Then a 2 hours drive to Ruhija park headquarters ahead of gorilla trekking briefing.
Normally the hike in search of gorillas takes between 2 to 6 hours depending on where gorillas were earlier spotted by the park rangers the previous night.
Upon completion of the trek, a gorilla tracking certificate will be issued to the guest and immediately organize to return to Kigali for departure.
1 Day Gorilla Tour – Volcanoes National Park
Relatedly, a day gorilla safari can begin from Kigali to Volcanoes national park in Rwanda. Here the drive is much shorter.
- Start at 3:00 am from your hotel
- Drive northwards to Kinigi park headquarters ahead of gorilla trekking briefing ( this is a 2 to 3 hours drive)
- At 8:00 am converge with other trackers at the park headquarters as cultural performers entertain you as you sip a cup of coffee. The briefing begins at 8:30 am. Later you will transfer to the starting point of the gorilla trekking trail.
Normally a guest is allocated a gorilla group upon prior request subject to ones ability to hike.
End of 1 Day Gorilla Tour
Inclusions and Exclusions
Included in the Quotation for the Gorilla Tour are the following:
- The cost of all ground transportation and Fuel
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Full English speaking tour guide
- But it excludes; Items of personal nature like Laundry, Beers,
- Park entrance fees
- Visa Fees
- Personal Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.
Related Safaris in Rwanda