- Posted by admin
- On August 23, 2019
- 0 Comments
Having been issued the air operations license, Uganda airlines is set to touch the skies on 28th August 2018. The national carrier missed her first commercial flight that had been scheduled in September for failure finish all the processing on registration phases. Finally, on 26th July 2019, Civil Aviation Authority gave an air operations license to Uganda airlines authorizing it to start operating commercial flights. The license is to be renewed annually and hence will be expiring on 25th July 2020. Uganda Airlines will operate its first flights to Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, and Mogadishu but will extend to other destinations after confirming the quality by staff and service providers. Interestingly for the past several months, Uganda airline has done numerous test flights in regional destinations including Kenya to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) and Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania.
How much is a ticket in Uganda airline?
Well, Uganda airline is offering a maiden flight to her first-time customers. A one-way ticket from Entebbe international airport Uganda to Jomo Kenyatta International airport Kenya will cost Shs166, 000 and Shs330, 000 for a return ticket inclusive of drinks and snacks on board. The new cost is a huge discount compared to over &300 that is airlines charge for a one-way ticket. Uganda national carrier has not yet been taxed and is one reason for the low-cost tickets, In the near future when taxes are added, the cost may increase to $192 (Shs709, 000) for a one-way ticket. A round ticket with Uganda airlines will cost $277 (Shs1, 023,000) inclusive of taxes, drinks and eats on board. Just as any other business, flight costs with Uganda airlines are anticipated to hike any time depending on demand. Business-class is currently costing $200 exclusive of taxes.
For first flights, the national airline will take off to the skies at 6:00 am from Entebbe international airport landing at Jomo Kenyatta international airport at 7:15 am. The flight time is 1 hour and 15 minutes with no stopover. Travelers are reminded to reach Entebbe airport to check in with immigration as early as 4:00 am to allow enough preparation time and avoid any disappointments.
How to book an air ticket with Uganda airlines
• Select your desired trip (dates, arrival cities, number of tickets and fight type)
• Try to compare different available airfares, search for different days and click on the flight price to read more about your fight information.
• Review other extras that you may need to book for example the hotels for accommodation, car hire for pick up and travel insurance (see whether it’s necessary and what you can do about it)
• Click check out and add detailed passenger information in the provided space
• Click make payment and then select the mode of payment you want to use, accept the terms and conditions and then click “pay now”.
• Before leaving the website, confirm whether the payment was successful. Wait for the confirmation email containing all your travel information with 24 hours after booking
Uganda expects a lot of benefits from the revival of her national airline. Uganda Tourism Board expects Uganda airlines to market the beauty of Uganda to the outside world. More tourists will definitely check in to explore the Pearl of Africa and support the tourism industry in Uganda. Uganda will definitely receive a high number of travelers to trek gorillas in Bwindi forest and other tourist attractions all over the country for a memorable experience.